Welcome to the #ACAparty Host Portal! Make sure you bookmark this page. The password is “#ACAparty.”
We want to make sure you’re ready to host an awesome #ACAparty, so we’ve got lots of downloadable resources for you and your team. You can download them individually or download a .ZIP file of them all by right-clicking right here and selecting “Save Link As.”
- #ACAparty Guide
- Action Sheet: Protect the ACA Contraceptive Coverage Guarantee!
- Toolkit: Health Insurance Reform and the Affordable Care Act
- Party Poster (editable, full color, landscape letter size paper)
- Postcards (ready to print, full color, two-up, double-sided, fit on portrait letter size paper)
- Sample Media Advisory
- Sign-Up Sheet
#ACAparty Photo Contest
We want to reward #ACAparty hosts for their hard work – and one way we’re planning to do so is via the #ACAparty photo contest. It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Take photos at your enrollment event – photos of the crowd, photos of the enrollment station, ANYTHING. Get into it!
- Tweet the photos during your event with the hashtag #ACAparty (and, if it fits, the hashtag #GetCovered).
- The Feminist Campus team will RT all photos and tweets (we promise to try our best, y’all!) and pick a winner once all the parties are over.
There’s no strict criteria for a winning photo: we’re dreaming of photos of happy feminists holding postcards and drinking iced coffee, cute feminist photo ops at the enrollment stations, and dramatic poster photos with the perfect Instagram filters applied. Tweet your heart out – we’ll simply be picking the most interesting, zany, quirky, and fun photos, and you never know – it could totally be yours. #ACAparty selfies are encouraged.
Contraceptive coverage is guaranteed to all people under the Affordable Care Act who enroll in a plan via their state or national marketplace. Non-profit and for-profit organizations alike have challenged the guarantee, which enables folks to get contraception like the pill and IUDs for no copay or deductible. This kind of attack on the ACA could cost millenials who use birth control over $50,000 over the course of their lifetimes. The Supreme Court will be hearing a case on the guarantee on March 25 – not even a week before the enrollment deadline for all 2014 ACA coverage.
Tell the SCOTUS: #MyBodyMyBC! Sign the Change.org letter from Feminist Majority Foundation and download the petition sheets to let folks at your #ACAparty sign it, too. (You can direct folks to it using the shortened URL bit.ly/mybodymybc.)
Contact the Team
If you’ve got questions, concerns, general feelings about life, or amazing selfies and you want to connect with a Feminist Campus team member about it, email email@example.com.