As many of you know February means V-Day! And no, we’re not talking about Valentine’s Day. V-Day is an organization that seeks to raise awareness about violence against women and girls as well as raise money for local beneficiaries that are working to end violence. Many student groups put on “The Vagina Monologues” or host other film screenings to raise money for their local domestic violence and rape crisis centers.
- How safe is your campus? Is there sufficient lighting?
- Are there emergency blue light towers on campus? Blue lights towers have emergency buttons that will connect you to 911 dispatch.
- Is there a free 24-hour student escort service?
- Does your college provide counseling services for survivors? Does your school have at least one full time staff person that works exclusively on sexual violence and education?
- Is emergency contraception available for rape survivors in school health centers?