The Feminist Campus Team is outraged this morning after hearing Rush Limbaugh’s vicious and inappropriate attacks waged at Sandra Fluke. Fluke is the outspoken and courageous Georgetown Law student who has advocated for birth control coverage without co-pays or deductibles for students and employees of religiously-affiliated institutions. Sandra was denied a seat at the table by the House Majority at the infamous all-male panel on contraception last month. She subsequently presented her compelling testimony as the sole witness at a hearing hosted by House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and other women’s health advocates from the House.
[TRIGGER WARNING: sexually violent hate speech, extreme misogyny]
Stand with Sandra. Take action:
- Send a letter to Republican leadership saying American women stand with Sandra and demanding they denounce Limbaugh’s anti-woman hate speech.
- Tweet your support to @SandraFluke
- Tweet your outrage to @rushlimbaugh and @SpeakerBoehner
- Don’t forget to use the #bc4us tag!!
Original art by Ian Marsden from Montpellier via Wikimedia Commons
- Write LTE’s to Let the World Know Young Women <3 Birth Control!
- Live-Tweet Rundown: Today’s Sham Hearing about Birth Control Coverage
- Catholic Students Speak Out: We Want Birth Control Access!
- New Hampshire Joins the Cooties Campaign against Planned Parenthood
- Personhood Amendment Threatens Women of Mississippi, Hits Home