Educate your community about the continued need for the ERA, the importance of state-level ERAs, and efforts to ratify.
- Host an event on your campus to raise awareness of the ERA, the continued need for a federal amendment, and how it could impact the lives of women and girls.
- Launch a petition drive for the federal ERA.
- Ask your Senators and Representative to cosponsor the ERA and the “three-state strategy” resolutions.
- Live in an unratified state? Organize a letter writing campaign or visit your state capital to let your state legislators know that you support ratification of the federal ERA.
- Research whether your state has an ERA or a provision prohibiting sex discrimination in its state constitution. Learn more about how you can work with other activists in your community to obtain constitutional equality in your state! Students in Oregon were essential to winning an ERA in their state.