Double Tree Crystal City
300 Army Navy Drive
Arlington, Virginia 22202
We strongly recommend that you use public transportation to reach the Hilton Crystal City. Take the Washington Metro to Pentagon City station (NOT the Crystal City station!) on the Blue and Yellow lines. The hotel is located 3 blocks from the Pentagon City Metro Station. Once outside the Metro, go towards Army/Navy Drive. Make a right and cross South Hayes Street. Continue past South Eads Street and the hotel will be on your right.
There are three major airports that serve the DC Metro Area.
Washington DC National Airport (DCA/Reagan) – Arlington, VA
This is by far the closest and most convenient airport. However, tickets to and from here are more expensive (depending on where you are coming from) than the other regional airports.
There is a free shuttle to and from the Double Tree hotel to Reagan National, or you can use the Metro. Take the Blue line towards Largo or Yellow line towards Fort Totten just two stops to Pentagon City Metro. The hotel is located 3 blocks from the metro station. Please see above for further details. This will cost about $2 per person on a farecard.
Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI) – Baltimore, MD
BWI generally has the cheapest flights and Crystal City is accessible by public transportation from there. There are several public transportation routes you can take to get to Crystal City. The length of your trip from the airport to the hotel will depend on which option you choose.
- Metrobus/Metro: This option will take about an hour. You will need to follow signs in the airport that direct you to Ground Transportation. Get on the BWI Express Metrobus (B30 bus) from the stop (curbside on the lower level of Concourse A/B) to Greenbelt Metro station. Get on the Green line toward Branch Avenue. Get off of the train at L’Enfant Plaza to transfer to the Yellow line towards Huntington. The second stop will be Pentagon City Metro station. The hotel is 3 blocks away from the metro. This will cost about $10 per person on a farecard.
- Amtrak: BWI has free shuttles to Amtrak rail, where you can take the Amtrak train to Union Station. Expect this train ride to last about 30 minutes. When you get to Union Station, follow signs in the station to the metro. Take a Red Line train going towards Shady Grove. Get off at the Metro Center stop. When you get to Metro Center, go to the bottom platform where the Blue and Orange lines are located. Take the Blue Line towards Franconia-Springfield and get off at the Pentagon City Metro stop. Expect your metro trip to take between 10-15 minutes. The hotel is three blocks from there. See details above on how to get from metro rail to the hotel. The cost for an Amtrak ticket between BWI and Union Station ranges from $15 – $30. The cost for metro rail between Union Station and Pentagon City is about $2-$3 per person on a farecard.
- Super Shuttle: Super Shuttle has a kiosk near the baggage claim area at BWI. You can make a reservation once you arrive there or you can reserve a spot ahead of time, which is cheaper and probably more convenient. The ride from BWI to the Double Tree is about 45 minutes, depending on traffic. The cost is about $48 for the first passenger and $12 for each additional passenger. Visit supershuttle.com for more information on costs.
Dulles International Airport (IAD) – Dulles, VA
This airport is a bit west of DC/Crystal City. There are several ways to get to and from Dulles.
- Metrobus/Metro: At Dulles, the 5A Metrobus stops at the Ground Transportation Curb (Arrivals level, down the ramp) at curb location 2E. This bus will make a few stops, and you’ll stay on to the final stop which will be Rosslyn Metro station. At the station, take the Blue line toward Franconia-Springfield, and the third stop will be Pentagon City. Again, the hotel is 3 blocks from the metro. (This will cost about $8 per person.)
- Washington Flyer Coach: The Washington Flyer Coach has a kiosk that is located inside the vestibule of Door 4 on the Arrivals Level of the main terminal at Dulles airport. This bus leaves the airport every thirty minutes and will take you to the West Falls Church stop on the metro. Once on the metro, take the Orange Line train towards New Carollton and get off at Rosslyn. Go to the lower platform and take the Blue Line train towards Franconia Springfield. The cost for a Washington Flyer Coach ticket is $10. The coast for metro rail between West Falls Church and Pentagon City is about $4 per person.
- Super Shuttle: Super Shuttle has a kiosk in the baggage claim area at Dulles. You can make a reservation once you arrive there or you can reserve a spot ahead of time, which is cheaper and probably more convenient. The ride from Dulles to the Double Tree is about 45 minutes, depending on traffic. The cost is about $29 for the first passenger and $10 for each additional passenger. Visit supershuttle.com for more information on costs.
From North (Baltimore, Philadelphia, Wilmington, New York, New Jersey)
Follow I-95 South to 495 Beltway in the direction of Richmond, VA. I-85 splits at the Capital Beltway; continue to follow signs for I-95 South. Follow I-95 South across the Woodrow Wilson Bridge into Virginia. Take the first exit off the Woodrow Wilson Bridge in Alexandria, VA. to Route 1 North. Stay on Route 1 North (which is also called Jefferson Davis Highway) for approximately 6 miles. Stay on Route 1 North until you get to 23rd Street in Crystal City. Make a left onto 23rd street; go one block and make a right onto Eads Street. Take Eads Street to Army Navy Drive (about 10 blocks). Make a right turn onto Army Navy Drive. The hotel is on the right side.
From South (Richmond, VA Beach, North and South Carolina)
Take I-95 North to 395 North. From 395 North take the Pentagon City/Crystal City Exit. Then turn left onto Army Navy Drive. The hotel will be on the right hand side 3 blocks down.
From Washington D.C. (14th street bridge)
From Washington D.C. you need to exit to the 14th street bridge which will take you over the Potomac River from Washington D.C. to Crystal City, VA. On the 14th street Bridge you will need to be in the far left lane (14th street becomes Route 1 South) which will take you into Crystal City, VA. Your first exit once inside Crystal City will be the 15th Street. Take the 15th Street Exit, and go one block and make a right. This will be Eads Street. Make a right onto Eads Street. Go 3 blocks onto Eads Street and this will take you to Army Navy Drive. Make a right onto Army Navy Drive and the hotel is on your right.
From Maryland (Rockville, Gaithersburg, or Northwest)
From I-270 North take I-495 South into Virginia. Exit on the George Washington Parkway in Virginia. Travel about 10 miles South and exit at Reagan National Airport in Arlington, VA. At the airport stay on your right side and follow the sign to Crystal City, VA and then exit Crystal Drive. Take Crystal Drive North for approximately 1 mile Crystal Drive will turn left into 12th street: go under the overpass and make a right onto Army Navy Drive. The hotel is located on the right hand side.
From Annapolis, MD (Route 50) and the Eastern Shore
Take Route 50 West towards the direction of Washington D.C. Follow Route 50 which becomes New York Avenue. Take New York Avenue to 14th Street and the 14th Street Bridge. on the 14th Street Bridge you need to be in the far left lane. (14th street becomes Route 1 South) which will bring you into Crystal City, VA. Your first exit once inside Crystal City will be 15th Street. Make a right onto 15th Street; go one block and make a right onto Eads Street. Take Eads to Army Navy Drive. When you get to Army Navy Drive make a right. The hotel is on the right side.
From Route 66 (Northern Virginia) Fairfax, McLean, Tyson’s Corner
Take 66 East towards Washington D.C. Take the exit for 110 South. Stay in the center lane and 110 becomes Route 1 South, which will bring you into Crystal City, VA. On Route 1 make a right onto 20th street. Go one block and make a right onto Eads Street. Eads will take you to Army Navy Drive. When you get to Army Navy Drive make a right. The hotel is on the right side.
There is a parking garage in the Double Tree. Parking is $13 per day for attendees, which is a 50% discount.