About Feminist Pride Day
Originally called Feminist Coming Out Day, the Feminist Pride Day campaign started at Harvard University when a queer student group and a feminist club teamed up to raise awareness about gender liberation. The resulting campaign brought together not only the two organizations, but the entire campus community. The popularity of the campaign spread to other campuses as more and more students identified with the ideas behind it. In March 2011, we took the campaign national.
About The #WhatAFeministLooksLike Campaign
Feminist Pride Day is February 22, but why not celebrate all week long? We’re asking young feminists around the world to use their stories and their selfies to show folks #WhatAFeministLooksLike, and we can’t wait for you to dive in!
Take The Pledge: I Am #WhatAFeministLooksLike!
- That I believe in the social, political, and economic equality of women;
- That I am a kyriarchy-smashing, myth-busting, culture-shifting, totally awesome presence in this world;
- That I am proud to be a part of this movement.
I Am #WhatAFeministLooksLike.
Be Part of the Selfie Storm!
You can show the world what feminism looks like when you participate in our ongoing Selfie Storm. Here’s how it works: post a selfie to Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #WhatAFeministLooksLike; whether it is with friends or family or a glamorous solo shot, use your feminist selfie to declare yourself a proud feminist and keep the conversation going.
When you post a selfie with the hashtag #WhatAFeministLooksLike, you’ll be entered in a random drawing to win merchandise from Feminist Store!
Tell Your Friends About Feminist Pride Day!
Share this pledge with your friends on Twitter! Use some of the sample tweets below:
- Sign the Feminist Pride Day pledge and post a selfie to show the world #WhatAFeministLooksLike! feministcampus.org/feministprideday
- I am #WhatAFeministLooksLike. Take the Feminist Pride Day pledge! feministcampus.org/feministprideday
- Share your stories and selfies w/ @feministcampus for Feminist Pride Day! feministcampus.org/feministprideday #WhatAFeministLooksLike
Download the #WhatAFeministLooksLike banner by clicking here.