Feminist Job Description
||Senior Development Manager
||Out and Equal Workplace Advocates
||Out & Equal has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Development Manager in our San Francisco, CA office. The successful candidate will join two seasoned professionals as a critical part of Out & Equal?s development team. The role will include specific responsibility for managing our new individual leadership giving program, and developing relationships with corporate and private foundations.
The successful candidate will bring at least five years of experience in fundraising in a nonprofit environment, with a meaningful part of that time supporting the design and ongoing implementation of an individual giving initiative with a focus on major donors. Additional experience in grant writing and foundation relations will be a distinct advantage. A professional demeanor, a proactive and positive attitude, and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team are all important attributes for this position. Experience with the corporate sector is critical.
A commitment to Out & Equal?s mission is essential in this role. We strongly encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
- Building and managing a comprehensive individual leadership gift program;
- Building and managing the corporate and private foundation program;
- Developing a planned giving campaign, and working toward establishing an endowment;
- In partnership with the Communications department, oversee all direct mail letters, grants, the Annual Report, and relevant brochures required to support fundraising efforts to ensure that Out & Equal Workplace Advocates remains a philanthropic home for donors at all levels of giving;
- Making donor stewardship a priority by ensuring that all donors receive regular communications, that they are appropriately acknowledged, and that records of their gifts are maintained;
- Participating and providing leadership in developing new relationships, and strengthening current relationships with major donors;
- Build participation in broader philanthropic campaigns such as the United Way campaigns and the Combined Federal Campaign
- Working with program staff to manage grant writing and research projects;
- Bachelor?s degree (MBA preferred)
- Five years of proven experience managing donor campaigns, major and annual gifts, grant writing, foundation giving, direct mail, and special events
- Ability to work in a hands-on environment with limited resources
- Experienced strategist with demonstrated ability to speak in public
- Computer literacy and knowledge of Raiser?s Edge or comparable CRM database highly desirable
- A strong commitment to equality for members of the LGBT community
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Strong written and communication skills
- Self-starter; able to work independently, and as part of a team
- Ability to work effectively with staff, committees, and clients in a diverse community
- Strong commitment to professional conduct, ethics and integrity
Out & Equal is the preeminent national organization devoted to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community in the workplace. A 501(c)3 nonprofit headquartered in San Francisco, the organization?s goal is to provide services and programs that promote workplace equality for LGBT individuals, their families, and their allies. Out & Equal?s vision is workplace equality for all regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, expression or characteristics. This is a great opportunity to join a team of dedicated professionals who share a commitment and connection to a meaningful mission. For more information, visit our website www.outandequal.org.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS
This position requires frequent computer use and occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary negotiable. Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, and a 401(k) plan.
Candidates should have knowledge of, comfort with, and interest in creating fair and equitable workplaces for LGBT people.
Send resume with cover letter and include the position to which you are applying (in subject line) email@example.com or fax to Out & Equal Workplace Advocates, FAX (415) 694-6530. Applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
||Feb 2 2013 12:00AM
Back to Feminist Job Listing
Page to a Friend
Subscribe to the Feminist Career Center