Feminist Job Description
||Grants & Development Coordinator
||Northern Virginia Association
||DC Metro Region
||The Grants and Development Coordinator provides assistance to effectively implement activities to accomplish SfN objectives in grants and development initiatives. The position works with grantors, sponsors and individual donors to secure and steward external funding for organizational programs and initiatives. The position also works with internal staff in gathering information for progress reports, grant proposals, and solicitation documents. The position assists in ensuring that the organization is in compliance with grant program and sponsor agreement technical and administrative requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES will include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support the Department?s grant proposal submission activities, to include compliance with solicitation requirements and obtaining required supplemental documents.
- Help prepare project level budgets and justifications for private and public grant requests.
- Help prepare funding requests for medical education grants and corporate sponsorships.
- Assist with the preparation of reports to grantors, drafting/revising sponsor agreements.
- Coordinate proposal development meetings and activities between G&D and program staff.
- Assist with researching prospective funding sources, i.e., Foundations, federal agencies, corporations and individual donors.
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of the centralized development database (fundraising module of Personify).
- Assist in implementation and maintenance of the annual fund and other individual giving programs. Including periodic direct mail and electronic mail solicitations.
- Help process and track the several Annual Meeting prizes and awards funded by Foundations and corporations.
- Assist with donor acknowledgement activities including thank you letters, sponsor acknowledgments and sponsor renewal solicitations.
- Help plan, organize and execute stewardship and cultivation meetings and activities with sponsors and prospective sponsors during the annual meeting.
- Help plan, organize and implement sponsorship and fundraising marketing efforts, including support page of SfN website and advertisement of the Annual Fund.
- Coordinate tasks and activities for departmental interns and temporary staff and ensure tasks are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide other relevant work to support the revenue generating efforts of the Grants and Development Department.
QUALIFICATIONS: Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills. Ability to multi-task and set priorities in a flexible manner to address changing needs. Strong written, research, oral, and interpersonal skills. Strong office automation skills (word processing, spreadsheet, presentation software, and database administration), as well as internet research skills. Experience using fundraising databases and search tools. Should be highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated. Must be able to work collaboratively with team members, as well as work independently. Must be able to multi-task and set priorities in a flexible manner to address changing needs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor?s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university and 1-2 years? work experience in fundraising or development or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with federal grant systems such as Grants.gov, eRA Commons, and Fastlane is helpful. Experience working in a non-profit setting preferred.
||Feb 2 2013 12:00AM
Back to Feminist Job Listing
Page to a Friend
Subscribe to the Feminist Career Center