Feminist Job Description
||Director of Data Solutions
||Anonymous National Healthcare Organization
Rate of Pay: Commensurate with experience
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Director of Data Solutions is a key leadership position that is responsible for overseeing the creation, maintenance and delivery of The Organization's data warehouse solutions. In addition to solution development, this position works with the Director of Implementation and Support to ensure the successful delivery of data related technologies to The Organization's customers. As a member of the leadership team, this position is responsible for guiding the CEO and members of leadership team in setting and meeting business objectives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be a hands-on, technically savvy leader, who has an equal amount of hands-on technical experience, business acumen and people management skills. This includes a solid technical background in data warehouse development and large-scale systems administration, i.e. data center. While maintaining a strong grasp of industry trends, cutting edge technology and market developments, the individual works collaboratively with the Product Management team to ensure The Organization meets current customer needs while staying competitive.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication, listening and problem solving skills required to understand issues, discuss possible solutions, and then communicate the agreed-on solution to all parties, including external stakeholders and customers. While The Organization is virtual, the Director of Data Solutions must have the ability and willingness to travel to attend national company meetings, while also initiating departmental meetings. There are four meetings a year. Interest in and commitment to remaining current with rapidly changing developments in the information technology arena by meeting with vendors and attending technology conferences is also important. Availability to work flexible hours, as required, including willingness to be available 24/7 for support and emergencies.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline required.
- 10+ years experience in technology development and/or management.
- 5+ years experience managing technology resources in a fast paced, responsive, high energy environment.
- 5+ experience working with or on a senior leadership team.
- 5+ years experience working as an
Architect and managing data warehouse development, including design, construction and validating activities.
- Experience in completing technology-related strategic planning, including assessing and documenting the cost and benefits of solutions.
- Experience in managing and supporting users on Microsoft based systems such as: Active Directory, SQL Server, SharePoint, Exchange, Windows, and Office.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and handle changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively handle stress while rapidly responding to solve difficult technical problems.
- Experience in the healthcare market is desired.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Overseeing the design, construction, validation of data solutions, such as The Organization's customer data warehouse.
- Manage on-going operations of hosted data solutions.
- Establish and maintain various development, testing and deployment methods and environments for Data Warehouse solutions.
- Proficiently lead using rapid development and deployment methods.
- Support Implementation and Support team by leading resources to provide technical support during and post implementation of QIW and other data solutions.
- Support sales and marketing activities.
- Directly, and indirectly, supervise technology development and delivery staff.
- Monitor and provide status on data solution development activities to CEO and other senior management.
- Manage, and represent The Organization, in third-party relationships with vendors and stakeholder organizations.
- Participate in setting the vision for data integrity and security across The Organization systems.
- Drive research for future technology products/services while evangelizing current solutions with staff, customers and potential customers.
- Support annual planning and budgeting activities.
- Complete other company and project leadership activities as requested by CEO.
OTHER DUTIES AND ABILITIES:
1. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Due to the pace of this search, candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Applications including a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, your resume (in Word format) and salary history should be sent DirOfDataSolutions@gmail.com. In order to expedite the internal sorting and reviewing process, please type your name (Last, First) as the only contents in the subject line of your email.
||Feb 25 2013 12:00AM
Back to Feminist Job Listing
Page to a Friend
Subscribe to the Feminist Career Center