Who can submit a post?
We accept submitted posts from active members of our network, including Feminist Campus student organization leaders, faculty and staff advisors to young feminists, and Feminist Campus alumni.
What can I write about?
Our blog covers a variety of topics, most of which are aligned with our campaigns. We also love to publish posts about the overall feminist movement happening on campuses nationwide: from educational events on sex positivity to rallies and protests, we’re interested in hearing about how young feminists’ activism reflects an evolution of the long-standing feminist movement.
We will not accept essays which counter our campaigns or organizational mission.
What kinds of posts do we publish?
Although we’re flexible about the kinds of content we’re willing to publish, we do have a few pre-defined kinds of posts you could embark on putting together:
- Roundtable: When a bunch of young feminists share their stories at once, it’s a beautiful thing. Roundtables are posts made up of small, mini-posts by a variety of folks. Some roundtables are made up of personal essays, some consist of organizing tips and tricks, and each author writes 1-3 paragraphs.
- Listicle: From GIF lists to guidelines, a list might be the best way to make your point. Varying in length–Top 20, 5 Things You Can Do, 10 Ways to…–this type of post typically opens with a 1-2 paragraph explanation of the subject matter.
- Personal Essay: We publish personal stories from young activists about their organizing experiences, their opinions and feelings about feminist issues, and their identities. We are equally proud of each author who comes forward to share.
- Call to Action: Organizing something big? Looking for help, or feminist voices to uplift your cause? If you’ve got an issue worth talking about, you might as well be talking about it here.
- Recap: If you’ve recently been (or are planning on going) to an awesome feminist event, whether on campus or in your larger community, share with us what it was about and how it impacted you.
How do I submit to the blog?
We’d love to receive a pitch or completed story submission via email from you at campusteam[at]feminist.org. We also accept invitations to republish content when possible and are open to folks pitching columns or mini-series.
Due to our content schedule and the restrictions of our organization’s nonprofit status, it may not be possible for us to publish your submitted pieces or accept your pitches. But don’t be discouraged–we’d still love to hear from you!