Wondering what you can do to #StopKavanaugh and #SaveSCOTUS?
Here are 5 actions you can take RIGHT NOW:
- LEARN about what’s at stake. If confirmed, Brett Kavanaugh would pose a significant threat to many of our hard-earned rights. Specifically, his record shows a pattern of hateful decisions that would hurt our communities. Learn more here and here.
- CALL your senator. Even if your senator has publicly said they are voting no on Kavanaugh, hearing from you encourages them to keep fighting against his confirmation in the Senate. And if your senator is undecided – it’s time to really put the pressure on. Call key and undecided senators – remind them that their vote will impact not only their constituents, but the ENTIRE country. Use our calling script to guide you and remind them that young people *especially* have the most to lose.
- WRITE a letter to undecided and key senators sharing your story or view. Specifically, Senator Collins. She could be a critical vote and has said that she will not select a justice who “demonstrated hostility to Roe v. Wade.” Tell her why Kavanaugh would devastate young women and people seeking abortions.
- ORGANIZE a calling and letter writing party on your campus. Grab some snacks, some calling scripts, and some friends, and blow up those phones! Ask friends to write letters or postcards to senators too. Build power by building community and make it a social event – gathering together to engage in civic activity reminds us that our voices are collectively powerful, and it gets people the info they need to move to action. Many students find lunchtime or other periods of heavy foot-traffic in the campus student center to be the most effective time to mobilize peers.
- AMPLIFY YOUR VOICE by tweeting and sharing these graphics. Use the hashtags #StopKavanaugh, #SaveSCOTUS, and #ForOurFutures. Tag your senators on social media and tell them to vote NO on SCOTUS nominee Brett Kavanaugh.