So you’ve read Sarah’s blog about the amazing pro-choice support for Summer of Choice and Laura’s blog about the anti-choice extremists who are targeting providers and clinics here in Germantown and across the country. I know what you’re thinking – what can I do to take action, fight back, and protect access to comprehensive women’s health care?
Well, luckily, there’s plenty you can do and the Campus Team is here to help you!
- I’m not in Germantown, but I really want to get involved with my local clinic. Join our Adopt-a-Clinic campaign and see what your local clinic needs to stay open and accessible to your community. Contact your National Campus Organizer so we can get you in touch with the clinic staff.
- I’m in the Germantown, Maryland area and want to help defend Dr. Carhart’s clinic. Contact Francesca, the Mid-Atlantic & HBCU Campus Organizer, to see how you can get involved with weekly clinic defense and other clinic needs.
- I’m really enraged by the deception of Crisis Pregnancy Centers like the one across the street from Dr. Carhart’s clinic and I want to know if they’re operating near my campus. CPCs, or fake clinics, target young women and communities of color – so there is a good chance there’s one not too far from you and your local clinic. Check out the Campaign to Expose Fake Clinics to take action and let your community know that their lies and misinformation are unacceptable.
- I want to make sure that women in my community are able to access abortion care regardless of their financial resources. Hold a fundraiser on campus for your local abortion access fund. It’s a great way to educate your community about the importance of abortion access and tackling barriers to access at the same time!
- I’m sick of the “War on Women” and I want my legislators to take a stand! Send letters to your state and federal legislators to express your views! They represent you and in order to effect change and progress, you need to make your voice heard.
These are just a few of our ideas — feel free to share your own ideas and resources in the comments section, and don’t hesitate to email the Campus Team: firstname.lastname@example.org. We looooove to hear from you!