FMF-Affiliate group, BNOW at UC Berkeley, uses this Feminist Survey to educate students about feminism and recruit new members. Take a look and think about tailoring one for your campus and club!
A quick survey…
- I empower myself.
- I care about the true meaning of diversity.
- I believe in equal pay for men and women.
- I’d like to be represented by a legal system that accurately represents the people it governs.
- It bothers me when I hear about another case of rape in my neighborhood.
- I believe in a woman’s right to choose.
- I appreciate it when people who live differently from me are able to see my issues, and then work with me to improve them.
- I see the value in nourishing my own personal identity, rather than in
nourishing what others would like to make of me.
- I am proud of the fact that I am not easily labeled.
- I see that the media doesn’t accurately represent all people, all lives, and all bodies.
- I realize that all forms of oppression are related.
- I realize that if I really expect something to change, I need to actively work toward changing it.
- I would like to be part of a community of people who care about issues of equality and work toward empowerment.
If you checked yes to most of these boxes, CONGRATULATIONS. YOU’RE A FEMINIST!
Join your fellow feminists through the Berkeley National Organization for Women.
People call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat.”Rebecca West